What a week I've had! Aside from getting my family ready for all the Thanksgiving fun, both of my blogs started having issues early in the week and were off-line for a significant period of time! The culprit? My web hosting service!! I started my first blog in July, followed by the second one in August (both with Bluehost) and by the end of the second month, I lost count on how many times I had error messages, SSL issues, and/or the site going down completely! Anyone in the online business world completely understands that you lose money every time your site is not working properly. I mean, come one! Would you want to make a purchase from a site that isn't secure? NOPE!!! So this week, after almost two days of no SSL certificate, I decided it was time to make the move to SiteGround.
PIN ME FOR LATER!!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links and ads, read my full disclosure HERE.
Why make the move to SiteGround (and not another hosting service)? Because they are AWESOME! Ok, beyond my personal infatuation with them, here are some verifiable stats on why they are great!
- SiteGround is faster! I thought my site was loading fairly fast with Bluehost but once it was switched over to SiteGround, OMG! It was loading super-duper fast! Faster loading times mean more visitors because – let's be honest – if your site takes too long to load, visitors will just move on. I have already noticed a slight increase in daily traffic!
- Excellent and FAST customer service! You won't need to call them often, aside from getting your account set up but, unlike Bluehost who takes forever to answer the phone or chat, SiteGround answers right away and doesn't give you excuses for the issue – they resolve it!
- They are SAFE! In doing my research, I found that they have the fewest issues of any other web hosting service (like almost never)!
- When you blog or website is run on SiteGround, you can sleep well, knowing that it is running smoothly with no hiccups!
MAKE THE MOVE TO SITEGROUND
How Bluehost Cost Me Extra Money (and a few grey hairs!)
It started with a few glitches here and there. Every time I'd call the support desk, they would give me all sorts of excuses as to why the issue was happening but that their “engineers were working on it.” I mean COME ON! One time they told me it was a known issue that was server-wide, yet only one of my sites was being affected. I would honestly calculate that there is an issue at least once every couple of weeks. Several times they told me they could fix the issue but I'd have to upgrade to a certain package or add this certain service. I actually just hung up on them during those chats.
This week, it started with my thumbnails not showing up when sharing posts on Facebook and other social media. I then noticed my rich pins weren't working on Pinterest. That was the final straw! I'll tolerate a lot of things but don't be messing with my Pinterest! 🙂 (Psst – My Pinterest is pretty awesome so you should totally follow me!) Pinterest drives more traffic to my blogs than any other source! Would you follow someone whose pins go to invalid pages? NOPE!! So I decided to not waste any more time (or lose any more money). I was already planning to make the move to SiteGround but was waiting for the Black Friday sales. Knowing how much traffic I would get during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday shopping season, I didn't want to risk my site going down yet again so I just called them on Monday and made the switch!
I had read that it was an easy process, but “easy” didn't even describe how easy it was! I got on chat with them, signed up for the GrowBig plan (because I have two separate sites). Once the financial transaction was complete, they sent me an email with super-easy instructions for what needed to happen in my Bluehost dashboard so they could access my account. They had told me it could take up to 24 hours for the migration to complete, but when I woke the next morning they had already emailed me that it was finished! It ended up taking less than 12 hours for them to migrate both sites. Oh, and did I mention that they did the migration for FREE?? Bluehost charges to do transfers so that is just another reason that SiteGround is AWESOME!
How to Make the Move to SiteGround
Of course, if you don't already have a website, you can (and should) just sign up and get your website/blog started off right from the start!
2. Once you complete the transaction, you'll receive an email with further instructions on what to do.
3. Sit tight while the migration completes (up to 24 hours) but your website will still be accessible to visitors (just don't create any new content during this time!) You will receive an email from SiteGround once everything is complete and in place.
4. Once the migration is complete, call up Bluehost and cancel your subscription with them. If you've been with them less than 30 days, you'll get a full refund. If it's been longer than 30 days, you'll get a pro-rated refund of the months remaining on your subscription.
Easy-peasy right? Need more proof that you should make the move to SiteGround? Don't just take my word for it – Check out these reviews from other bloggers who chose SiteGround! Whether you are getting ready to start a blog and looking for a web host or you're fed up with your current hosting provider, make the move to SiteGround and get your blog or business off to a great start!